The Association for Healthcare Foodservice invites those interested in presenting at the 2020 Annual Conference to submit a proposal for review by the Conference Planning Committee. The submission deadline is Monday, October 21st at 5:00 PM Eastern.
AHF operator members are at the forefront of their communities as leaders in improving the lives of the people their facilities serve. AHF’s 2020 conference selection of speakers will be based on the innovative content that can be used in day to day settings of over 600 attendees.
Conference Dates: August 4-7, 2020
Conference Location: Omni ChampionsGate Resort in Orlando, Florida
The following topics are of primary interest:
|Regulatory, Process Improvement and Safety
- Joint commission and CMS trends with surveys—best practice
- Sanitation, safety and hand hygiene
- Process improvement ideas
- Lean, Six Sigma and other QI programs
- Highly reliable organizations
- Benchmarking, especially for dietitians
- Succession planning
- Emotional Intelligence
- C Suite expectations
- Generating buy in from senior leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Management of Multiple Departments, e.g. EVS, Patient Transport, Gift Shops, etc.
||Associate, Resident and Patient Satisfaction
- Staffing models and industry standards
- Financial management and budgeting
- Associate engagement and recognition
- Recruitment and retention strategies
- Best practice in staff training and Development
- Innovative and cost saving solutions
- Impacts of Reimbursements
- Getting started as a new manager
- Leading the patient experience
- Patient/Resident perspectives
- New measurement tools, e.g. Net Promoter Scores
- What role does Food and Nutrition Services’ play?
- Impacting quality
- Associate/Colleague Specific:
- Retention strategies
||Population Health Management
- What to look for (contract restrictions, auto-subbing from branded products to distributor label products, losing your freedom to operate, etc)
- Malnutrition diagnosis/treatment to optimize financial returns
- Meals outside the Hospital/Facility Walls
- Food trucks/Delivery services
- Outpatient engagement
- Farmer Markets
- Food Deserts
- Mobile Learning/Kitchens
||Design and construction
- Waste reduction
- Sourcing locally
||Technology and Innovative Approaches
- Incorporating wellness into retail
- Increasing revenue
- What’s on the hospitality horizon
- Perspectives from other segments—college/university, corporate dining, etc.
- Dining Habits
- Service Innovations
- Special Diets (Vegan, GF)
- Senior Dining
- What works
- Labor saving ideas
- Partnering with business partners
- Trends in Foodservice
- Integrating Robotics
- Customer facing interactions, survey, ordering, etc.
- Food Service Analytics
- Integrating front/back of the house
Presentations will be evaluated based on overall quality, relevance to the environmental and support services industry, practical applications of the content, timeliness of the topic, and speaker qualifications. Materials submitted must be the presenter’s original work, referencing all external sources. Presentations, wherever possible, should be in a format that encourages active participation by attendees.
You will be asked the following biographical data.
- Presenter's Name
- Current Position/Title
- Physical Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Upload CV/Resume
- Link to Previous Video Presentation or Relevant articles and publications from the past 2 years (I.e. YouTube, Vimeo)
- Upload Short Bio (150 word limit)
- Short Summary of what Qualifies the speaker as an expert on the topic
- Contact information for (2) References (name, phone and email)
Multiple Submissions: No more than two proposals from any one speaker or organization will be considered. Please submit a separate submission form online for each proposal.
Length of Presentation: Presentations range from 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes. It is important to design your content around this time frame as time limits are strictly enforced.
Conference Fees: Once selected as a speaker, we will provide information about conference registrations and speaker honorariums based on the AHF Policies and Procedures.